The Staff Accountant will work in the internal accounting department to carry out consistent company procedures. They will be responsible for aspects of the accounting cycle including, but not limited to, daily bookkeeping, accounts payable management, accounts receivables management, payroll processing, monthly/yearly financial close, financial reporting, general ledger entries/reconciliations, budgeting, and general administrative tasks. The accountant will also be expected to contribute to efficiency improvements and recognize abnormal financial trends to discuss with the department manager/director. They will support the finance department offering insights for the manager to escalate to shareholders as needed.
Outside of regular department activities, you may be pulled into mini-projects related to various business needs in alignment with your passions, strengths, growth opportunities, and overall company needs. The accountant will be involved in developing Quarterly Rocks (personal and department goals) that will help develop their professional skills and further their career. Successful and timely completion of personal and departmental goals may impact merit bonuses, eligibility for promotion, and more.
What you’ll do:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Day-to-day Accounts Receivable processes: setup of new clients, invoicing and billing adjustments, balance follow up, and escalating to manager as needed
- Day-to-day Accounts Payables processes: new vendor setup, payment processing, and contract renewals
- Approves employee reimbursements
- Reviews expense requests that lie outside of budget allotments and present to accounting manager
- General Ledger entries
- General ledger and schedule reconciliations
- Participate in financial closes and make adjusting entries as needed
- Payroll entry and maintenance
- Expense Trending
- Actual to Budget Reporting
- Assist in developing and implementing goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial data, accounting inputs, and payroll.
- Participate as needed with internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls.
- Collaborate on the implementation of new system controls or financial systems and execute procedures to improve systems.
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures.
- Provide input on current processes and provide suggestions for improvements as well as resolve inadequacies in a quick and timely manner.
- Maintain clear and accurate documents/procedures for reference purposes.
- Collaborate on developing and implementing process plans, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, and equipment needs.
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations for any necessary entities.
- Adherence to internal/external SLA Requirements
- Adherence to internal/external Syssero Standards
- Assist or own departmental projects as requested
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you bring to the table:
- 3 years of work experience in financial concepts and theories, receivables and payables, accounting systems, general ledger, and payroll
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Detail oriented within multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to read, understand and analyze various financial reports
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Experience preferred with multi-state company presence
- Proficient in Word, Excel or equivalent Google Suite solutions
- Demonstrates strong communication skill (oral and written)
- General tax knowledge experience preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Finance related field or equivalent experience in corporate accounting preferred
- Workday Financials experience preferred
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
What we bring to the table:
Besides all the awesome benefits and perks that we offer – we also take pride in being an employee-owned business with a unique culture that reflects our commitment to transparency and true work-life balance. We have created an environment where employees can thrive both professionally and personally because we also care about you and your families. Embracing diversity and inclusivity, we prioritize a supportive workplace where everyone’s contributions are valued and celebrated.
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401k match
- Competitive pay
- Profit sharing program (PSP)
- Flexible work time
- Unlimited PTO and 12 floating holidays
- 100% remote
- $600 per year to purchase what you need for your remote set up
- $75 per pay period for cell and internet allowance
- Learning and development plan
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Syssero is an equal-opportunity employer. At Syssero, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them, support them, and thrive on having them for the benefit of our employees, our services, and our community. Employment at Syssero is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Syssero does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is Syssero’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state, and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company’s EEO policy, as well as its affirmative action obligations, includes the full & complete support of the Company, including its Chief Empowerment Officer. Because it’s just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
<25% travel. Regular travel consists of at minimum two, in-person, all-staff events, one of which is required to attend in person. The location of these will vary depending on the agenda, the number of staff, and the ultimate goal of the event. Travel will be overnight for multiple nights. In addition, there may be client-related travel or other Syssero-related travel as needed. All arrangements are company-paid.